Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TODDISH
    Newest Member
    TODDISH

• No registered users viewing this page.

Let's have some chit chat :)

5 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

New ones go out of date. They don’t charge properly, batteries don’t last as long. Cameras are out dated etc etc. 

If your finances allow it and it is important to you, why not? Personally I've been using my phone for over 2 years and I'm still very happy with it. :) But there are definitely people who run for the latest iPhone just because. I couldn't do that :) 

On 1/6/2023 at 12:40 AM, blondie said:

If your finances allow it and it is important to you, why not? Personally I've been using my phone for over 2 years and I'm still very happy with it. :) But there are definitely people who run for the latest iPhone just because. I couldn't do that :) 

Upgrades are free in the UK mainly, and my daughter works for the phone company so I get a discount on the line rental. To be honest I am running on an iPhone 11 still, I really want the iPhone 14 so waiting for some good deals to become available.

17 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

Upgrades are free in the UK mainly, and my daughter works for the phone company so I get a discount on the line rental. To be honest I am running on an iPhone 11 still, I really want the iPhone 14 so waiting for some good deals to become available.

Makes sense! Do you go with the regular or Pro? 

Nothing is free: do the Maths 😛

Apple have certainly cornered the market in offering an inferior product to some (Samsung at least) by using Watches/laptops as an integrated product to essentially lock you in whilst they offer Minor upgrades between phones, yet the price says otherwise. 

The last true innovative Iphone was probably the 3GS

17 minutes ago, pinnit2015 said:

Apple have certainly cornered the market in offering an inferior product to some (Samsung at least) by using Watches/laptops as an integrated product to essentially lock you in whilst they offer Minor upgrades between phones, yet the price says otherwise. 

The next Samsung is going to be a gamechanger as well. 

11 hours ago, pinnit2015 said:

You see the problem with Apple. besides a device that cost so much, their accessories are very expensive. I mean seriously, you pay almost 4/5 more than any original charger from another brand like Huawei, Samsung, Sony etc.

Not to talk about Airpods pro's, what about their watches and the sad thing is charging those expensive watches almost every 24 hours is a must!! Talk about an inconvenience.

I mean Huawei watches you charge and it last you two weeks at least.

ordering something from the UK (eBay) back in early December, and not only were there strikes in December then yesterday there was a "cyber incident" against Royal Mail .. there must be hundreds of thousands of parcels still stuck in the UK. Still not received my parcel.

Britain’s postal service said it was hit Wednesday by a “cyber incident” that is temporarily preventing it from sending letters or parcels to other countries.

Royal Mail reported on its website that international export services were “experiencing severe service disruption” without providing further details.

“We are temporarily unable to dispatch items to overseas destinations,” the service said, adding that it recommended customers hold on to mail destined for outside the country while it works on fixing the problem.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:32 AM, Fiekie247 said:

You see the problem with Apple. besides a device that cost so much, their accessories are very expensive. I mean seriously, you pay almost 4/5 more than any original charger from another brand like Huawei, Samsung, Sony etc.

Not to talk about Airpods pro's, what about their watches and the sad thing is charging those expensive watches almost every 24 hours is a must!! Talk about an inconvenience.

I mean Huawei watches you charge and it last you two weeks at least.

That's Apples Business Model - their watches barely last 24hrs yet they offer a sleep monitoring 😛

Compared, on a spec basis, to others their products are technically inferior but they've gone from the company of innovation to one of just locking into products

Guys I am not sure if I will be able to join the screenshot contest this month - Maybe closer to Month end If I have some better power conditions, but hopefully by mid February my solar installation will be completed and then I will no longer have these issues.

Electricity Crisis right now as it stands, close to 12 - 14 hours without power a day ( Mind you sleeping as well 6 to 8 hours on average) . I have been without power for the last 3/4 days, due to vandalism of the substations that feed our grid, due to the unhappy people striking, marching over electricity cost, increases and constantly being without power.

I am seriously tired of this shiitt hole honestly. And its getting worse. Sometimes you go without power for 8/10 hours straight.

image.thumb.png.a4cbe034dc26db911048651a0961a8e0.png

5 hours ago, Fiekie247 said:

Guys I am not sure if I will be able to join the screenshot contest this month - Maybe closer to Month end If I have some better power conditions, but hopefully by mid February my solar installation will be completed and then I will no longer have these issues.

Electricity Crisis right now as it stands, close to 12 - 14 hours without power a day ( Mind you sleeping as well 6 to 8 hours on average) . I have been without power for the last 3/4 days, due to vandalism of the substations that feed our grid, due to the unhappy people striking, marching over electricity cost, increases and constantly being without power.

I am seriously tired of this shiitt hole honestly. And its getting worse. Sometimes you go without power for 8/10 hours straight.

That's sad to hear. :( You've posted from time to time about electricity issues but to have them on a daily basis is beyond frustrating. 

6 hours ago, Fiekie247 said:

Are you paying for everything or getting any subsidy from the government? 

Btw why don't you record the process of whatever installation is left and post it on YouTube. It might be seen by people and if lucky youll get subscribers and as YouTube goes it might blow up in future and you might make some money.

You can record the process and do voiceover same time or later. Dont let this go waste.

10 minutes ago, Blackjax said:

Are you paying for everything or getting any subsidy from the government? 

Btw why don't you record the process of whatever installation is left and post it on YouTube. It might be seen by people and if lucky youll get subscribers and as YouTube goes it might blow up in future and you might make some money.

You can record the process and do voiceover same time or later. Dont let this go waste.

Nope I am paying myself to go off the grid. Solar to go of the grid cost around 15 000 euros , and no subsidy from the government.

Imagine this - I have no power for up to 12 hours on a daily basis, because they cannot provider power, which means my electricity last longer, which means Eskom the electricity providers sales is going down, hence they applied for a increase in electricity of 36%, and the government approved 22 percent increase to make up for their losses in sales revenue. So i pay more for electricity, which I cannot use or do not have most of the time? How the F does that make sense?

Not interested in doing stuff on youtube now.

18 hours ago, Fiekie247 said:

Gosh, this is absolutely awful. Don't worry about the contest, there will be more. I hope you and your family are safe.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Afi4wins said:

The forum has been awfully quiet for many hours, since yesterday in fact. What's happening? Is everybody enjoying themselves with the Chinese New Year festivities? 😜

I've been under the weather again. Really don't know what's wrong tbh, but not been feeling myself at all lately. 

On 1/5/2023 at 2:03 PM, kayenne23 said:

I kinda feel like you switch phones regularly 😜

On 1/5/2023 at 2:28 PM, cocopop3011 said:

No comment 😂

5 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

I've been under the weather again. Really don't know what's wrong tbh, but not been feeling myself at all lately. 

I'm afraid to talk freely as a "new member" tbh.

You've been working too hard moderating the chat, switching phones and being the best that you can be to help all the members of AG.

Chances are it maybe the current "icy" weather breezing around us but I hope you'll feel better soon Cocopop3011! ☺️

7 hours ago, AnOldFriend said:

I'm afraid to talk freely as a "new member" tbh.

You've been working too hard moderating the chat, switching phones and being the best that you can be to help all the members of AG.

Chances are it maybe the current "icy" weather breezing around us but I hope you'll feel better soon Cocopop3011! ☺️

Listen. Everyone deserves a second chance. You are free to chat and post as you wish. You know the rules by the now. Be yourself.