Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goncalo_2002
    Newest Member
    Goncalo_2002

• No registered users viewing this page.

Let's have some chit chat :)

On 8/1/2022 at 5:51 PM, Flatzem said:

I do use that now and then (Chromium)... but its complicated cause I got an old cookie for AG in my Firefox and I wouldn't be able to sign into AG forum with Chromium unless I used a VPN on the desktop... of course if I did sign in with a VPN on desktop that would give me a cookie and then later on I could use that cookie without VPN.

I never liked to use Firefox tbh (or it just habbit). God save Chrome hahaha

guys if you use any search engine about any topic some will tell you there are so and so million or so search results but you can only see the first 10 or so pages..... internet it is not like it used to be...... they are only letting us see pages that they want us to see.. you can't go to page 1200 or page 30,000 or whatever nah just the first 10 to 20 pages...... when you click on next page.... and next page..... and then its done... no more results are shown.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 12:50 PM, Flatzem said:

guys if you use any search engine about any topic some will tell you there are so and so million or so search results but you can only see the first 10 or so pages..... internet it is not like it used to be...... they are only letting us see pages that they want us to see.. you can't go to page 1200 or page 30,000 or whatever nah just the first 10 to 20 pages...... when you click on next page.... and next page..... and then its done... no more results are shown.....

I use Brave Browser with Brave search. The results are very different from Google or Bing.  I don't have a desktop or laptop, just Android phone and tablet. The phone is 3 months old (Xperia 10iii) and first thing I did was turning off all big Google and meta apps and replaced them with open source apps.  . Same with Facebook. I use frost for Facebook. No ads, and I can customize my News feed  to the point that I can filter out single words I don't like to see in my feed.  

Around 9.8 million current and past customers of the Optus telco (Australia) have had their data exposed. the company has confirmed

Optus customers' personal addresses, dates of birth, phone numbers, passport details and drivers licences may have been compromised

The fact that the "hackers" already posted 100,000 individuals details online shows that they got EVERYTHING

A nefarious character is demanding Optus pay US$1 million (A$1.5 million) in cryptocurrency otherwise they will leak sensitive information about millions of Australians that they claim to have obtained in a sophisticated hack.

The ransom demand appeared on a forum early on Saturday morning and experts say so far it appears legitimate.

The so-called hacker claims to have important data about 11.2 million Optus customers, including their names, dates of birth, phone numbers, email addresses, and, for a subset of customers, addresses and ID document numbers such as driver’s licence or passport numbers.

“Optus if you are reading! price for us to not sale data is 1.000.000$US We give you 1 week to decide,” part of their message reads on the forum.

The hacker showed a sample of the dataset to prove their authenticity, which cyber security researcher and writer Jeremy Kirk from ISMG Corp said aligned with the breach and indicated they may indeed be the person behind the breach.

“I just ran 13 email addresses from the first batch of sample data from the alleged Optus leak through Haveibeenpwned [a website that shows if your email or phone number has been involved in a breach]. Six come back as unique (not in another breach indexed in HIBP).

“Again, another strong sign that the Optus data is real,” he wrote on Twitter.

Mr Kirk also said he contacted the hacker and they gave him a detailed explanation on how they completed the hack, which also convinced him the person was “the real deal”.

The cyber criminal wants the payment to be made in Monero, a decentralised cryptocurrency, making it hard to track down the identity of the recipient.

There is no guarantee that the cyber criminal will protect the data even if the ransom is paid.

However, an ABC investigation from last year found that big corporations are forking out millions of dollars a year in ransom money to protect sensitive information in what they said was an “open_secret” in the business world.

Over the last two years, some significant breaches in Australia occurred at logistics company Toll Holdings, meat supplier JBS Foods and Nine Entertainment.

1 hour ago, cocopop3011 said:

@Blackjax @Fiekie247 You're both quiet, is everything okay?

Yup everything good. Weekends are usually quite. I was busy wagering from past few days. Plus we have festivals going on here. Today is thr last event and then we have a big one on 24h.

Everything is going good. Best part I have almost recoverd 75% of my August losses.

3 hours ago, Blackjax said:

Yup everything good. Weekends are usually quite. I was busy wagering from past few days. Plus we have festivals going on here. Today is the last event and then we have a big one on 24h.

Everything is going good. Best part I have almost recovered 75% of my August losses.

nice, and was Jan to July in profit?

24 minutes ago, Flatzem said:

nice, and was Jan to July in profit?

I need to calculate. October is not a bad time to check profit loss. I was not in a mood to gamble during this week so maybe can do some accounting. Thanks for giving me an idea to keep my self busy.