Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SweetTweets85
    Newest Member
    SweetTweets85

• No registered users viewing this page.

Let's have some chit chat :)

13 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

We all forgot to wish Guru a Happy Birthday this week! So happy belated birthday @ValDes

Another year younger must feel good.

Guru's birthday? OMG! I didn't know that!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GURU-SAN!

May the years make you happier but not too younger (lest it'll make you naughtier)! 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guuuys...it is new laptop day for me!

Been having a nightmare with my old one, couldn't even have multiple tabs open at the same time without it crashing every two minutes. I really wanted a Mac and found one in the sale but still couldn't justify spending that on myself. Soooo, I've gone with a trusted HP at half the price and I am back in business.

2 minutes ago, cocopop3011 said:

Been having a nightmare with my old one, couldn't even have multiple tabs open at the same time without it crashing every two minutes. I really wanted a Mac and found one in the sale but still couldn't justify spending that on myself. Soooo, I've gone with a trusted HP at half the price and I am back in business.

Best of luck with your HP. I am having a horrible experience with my HP. Hope your experience is better. Mine is a bit older though.

19 minutes ago, Afi4wins said:

I've used HP, Dell and Compaq before, but am not moving away from ASUS now...the best laptop yet in every sense for me...8 years now without a glitch, except for the harddisk, which I've changed to SSD (Solid State Disk).

Ahh yes I seen lots of Asus ones also, my last one was HP and it lasted well which I think is why I was inclined to stay the same. Yes, this is also SSD 🙂 

5 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

was looking at the HP notebooks and they start from around 329e up to about 3600e ! the top of the range comes fitted with a nVidia GeForce RTX3080 16GB graphics but the lower range gets Intel® UHD 600 graphics.

2 hours ago, Flatzem said:

was looking at the HP notebooks and they start from around 329e up to about 3600e ! the top of the range comes fitted with a nVidia GeForce RTX3080 16GB graphics but the lower range gets Intel® UHD 600 graphics.

I've never liked HP products very much cos they don't last very long. I've had one HP laptop and printer before and none lasted more than 6 years. Same with Compaq too, which I thought would be a better product than HP, but they're about the same. Guess that's why they slightly cheaper than Asus.

8 hours ago, Blackjax said:

Go  to Start >> Settings >> Devices >> Touchpad >> Taps >> Touchpad sensitivity, and select the type of sensitivity you want from the drop down list. 

thanks to  Google+microsoft.

Done it but I'm really confused and it's bugging me now to the point where I may have to get a mouse!

Do i need high or low sensitivity? It seems to still be tapping other things regardless of which setting I use. Or maybe it's just because I am so used to me old one.

15 minutes ago, cocopop3011 said:

Done it but I'm really confused and it's bugging me now to the point where I may have to get a mouse!

Do i need high or low sensitivity? It seems to still be tapping other things regardless of which setting I use. Or maybe it's just because I am so used to me old one.

I was going to ask you if you are using a mouse or not ... but now you saying you weren't using one...

just turn off the touchpad and use the mouse all day everyday, its far better that way.

When my mouse went dead, I had to use the touchpad instead, and for several days (all shops closed due to Covid), I had to torture myself using it! It was so slow as compared to using a mouse...and I find it a nuisance actually!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 3:20 AM, Afi4wins said:

Guru's birthday? OMG! I didn't know that!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GURU-SAN!

May the years make you happier but not too younger (lest it'll make you naughtier)! 🤣

On 3/12/2022 at 10:05 PM, cocopop3011 said:

We all forgot to wish Guru a Happy Birthday this week! So happy belated birthday @ValDes

Another year younger must feel good.

Apologies for obviously missing these... :(

And thanks for your wishes and for not forgetting me despite my unforgiving forum abandonment! ❤️

On 4/8/2022 at 3:02 PM, Afi4wins said:

I've used HP, Dell and Compaq before, but am not moving away from ASUS now...the best laptop yet in every sense for me...8 years now without a glitch, except for the harddisk, which I've changed to SSD (Solid State Disk).

Agree with you @Afi4wins my 1st laptop was ASUS and it lasted for 10 years, poor thing. Now I have Dell 1 year old, will see how many years he'll  put up with me 😄