Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FM374115
    Newest Member
    FM374115

• No registered users viewing this page.

Covid-19: We are all in this together! Check in here every day

5 minutes ago, pinnit2015 said:

Off the record of the formal speeches, It's believed Johnson didn't want to run with the stuff he's said but no doubt being pressured by a lot of the Tory's with vested business interests so he had to plump for a half way house - Hancock is probably one of the worst in the party and  worried about his house building buddies (to be fair to Hancock his names a pretty good descriptor of what he is).

I mean what was that speech!!! And then Raab announced you can meet your parents In the park at a safe distance but now they’ve said that’s not true you have to pick one of your parents, you can’t see both at the same time!!! But you can go on a Packed train to work with hundreds of people you have no idea are healthy or not!! Absolute joke. 

1 hour ago, blondie said:

Thanks for saying that coco! I didn't want to say anything, but when I shared here last week that my job made my position redundant, the last thing I wanted to see is someone from this forum saying- just go on fiverr and make money. We're all going through something, some have it better some worse, but that's why we're here for one another.

There may be opportunities, funnily enough, coming up as everyone starts to try and get out of the global mess - might be different jobs, and possible ones that you wouldn't want to necessarily do,  but something that could tide you over to you get back to doing what you want. A lot of governments round the world will be possibly setting aside large chunks of cash and encouraging entrepreneurial endeavours as well - it's in their interests to do so, obviously. Try and keep  an eyeout for the jobs that automation can't do because it's probably brought that practice 10 years ahead of schedule.

Fortunately, everyone's (or, lots) in the same boat so there'll be support in terms of numbers. 

1 minute ago, cocopop3011 said:

I mean what was that speech!!! And then Raab announced you can meet your parents In the park at a safe distance but now they’ve said that’s not true you have to pick one of your parents, you can’t see both at the same time!!! But you can go on a Packed train to work with hundreds of people you have no idea are healthy or not!! Absolute joke. 

It was never a lockdown to start with tbf - typically British response and with a hint of blaseness about the whole thing.

I mean, you buy a stock of PPE from Turkey, fly it in via the RAF and then realise you've bought apples and not oranges, so left it in the warehouse to rot? Keystone cops right there. 

14 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

@Flatzem Me and Pinnit are both from the UK, we can single handidly explain how the UK are dealing with this pandemic ourselves. None of these videos are required. Please be careful in your words against others in your future post. 

I created this topic so people can come here if they're feeling low or sad, so we can all make sure each other are SAFE not to spread hatred. I'd like to keep this topic a positive one until we are all through this dreadful year.

Damn, I missed the 'words' 🤪

just seen a couple of parents with their kids inside the playground.. a woman (unmasked) with two kids running around and another man with a stroller (he was wearing a mask), the playground is closed, has red/white tape and signs put around it and also on the swings and yet these two law breakers are using the playground illegally when other parents are following the rules. Someone is going to call the cops on them, (I won't do it cause not gonna snitch) but someone will (some Karen perhaps) and they will pay for their selfish actions or maybe get a warning who knows. It is unfair on the other parents/kids that see this going on when they don't let their kids play there yet these rebels do it, first time I seen this during the lockdown.

Have no idea how it is across your countries and cities, but here in Bulgaria, there are almost no visible signs that were under lockdown only a week ago?! 😮

The usual crowds are back, the traffic jams, even the parks packed with children... Unbelievable how fast the modern society is forgetting! 

Hope everyone is doing well these days. I have been a silent member this past week here, had some problems signing in to the forum section but now all is fine. :) The strict measures have been lifted, hairdressers and beauticians are open again, restaurants can be open too if they have an outside terrace. However it does negatively surprise me that so many people are acting like everything is back to normal and not being careful, so for me, as much as I would like to go to a restaurant it gives me anxiety to even think about it.

56 minutes ago, blondie said:

Hope everyone is doing well these days. I have been a silent member this past week here, had some problems signing in to the forum section but now all is fine. :) The strict measures have been lifted, hairdressers and beauticians are open again, restaurants can be open too if they have an outside terrace. However it does negatively surprise me that so many people are acting like everything is back to normal and not being careful, so for me, as much as I would like to go to a restaurant it gives me anxiety to even think about it.

Nice to have you back here my dear.

I guess the forum was under quarantine for you for a while (😜) but no COVID detected so it's safe to be here, as always.

Yeah, everybody is simply forgetting or not caring enough recently, even in my country, but I'm sticking in at home still on most days, until it's really safe to be out again.

Hi guys! You may have seen me absent from the forum the past week. 

My world kind of came crashing down last Friday. I’ve been hospital for most of that time and I’ve had surgery too. It has absolutely nothing to so with covid so please don’t worry.

The good news is that I am on the road to recovery now!! Being in here all week without my children without a single visitor has been so tough but I’m here to live the tale!

I’m hoping to be home tomorrow and I’ll ease myself back into the forum. I’ve missed you guys! 

I couldn’t tell anyone what the rules are in Wales anymore because I don’t have a clue 😂
I hope you are all well, see you all again shortly guys.,

6 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

Hi guys! You may have seen me absent from the forum the past week. 

My world kind of came crashing down last Friday. I’ve been hospital for most of that time and I’ve had surgery too. It has absolutely nothing to so with covid so please don’t worry.

The good news is that I am on the road to recovery now!! Being in here all week without my children without a single visitor has been so tough but I’m here to live the tale!

I’m hoping to be home tomorrow and I’ll ease myself back into the forum. I’ve missed you guys! 

I couldn’t tell anyone what the rules are in Wales anymore because I don’t have a clue 😂
I hope you are all well, see you all again shortly guys.,

Sending you lots of get well wishes and positive thoughts, we all need that now and you know we're there for you ❤️

13 hours ago, Afi4wins said:

That's some SHOCKING news my dear, but so glad that everything is gonna be fine with you. Get well real soon!

11 hours ago, blondie said:

Sending you lots of get well wishes and positive thoughts, we all need that now and you know we're there for you ❤️

Thanks you guys! Today is a new week and I’m hoping to be sent home!! It’s a bank holiday here and nothing happens fast on a bank holiday so we’ll see 😩😂

12 hours ago, Afi4wins said:

It's the first of a new month, and the first good news for my country...no new deaths from Covid-19 for one whole week now! Whoopie! :good:

That's great news Afi! Great news indeed. 

I wish I could update you on the UK but I haven't been watching the news since I have been poorly. I believe our daily death rates are still around 200-300. We are allowed to meet with one other household now but it must be outdoors or in their garden only. 

Non essential shops to open in abut three weeks I think - just about the time when I should be allowed to drive again!

Everything is open since yesterday in Bulgaria! Streets, malls, stores, parks... everything you could think of is simply packed/crowded with people so avidly eager of getting back to their normal daily/nightly routine. :) As if there were never any lockdowns, restrictions, etc... 😮 

15 minutes ago, ValDes said:

Everything is open since yesterday in Bulgaria! Streets, malls, stores, parks... everything you could think of is simply packed/crowded with people so avidly eager of getting back to their normal daily/nightly routine. :) As if there were never any lockdowns, restrictions, etc... 😮 

Let's hope the situation doesn't kick back...but honestly speaking, nothing should be ready to go back to normalcy just yet.

Now seeing political decisions beginning to override the science and rumblings of fights between Ministers and the Medical Advisors. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a rise here in the UK: Social Distancing is disintegrating as we speak, we have mass gathers (Funny how the London protestors, who in all likelihood were up in arms about Cummings, seemed OK with this) and from hearing from other folk, businesses are already chancing their arms. 

Plus side is post analysis of this governments response might see that bumbling buffoon Johnson out the door and back to working in KFC where his leadership skills are best suited. Labour finally have a half decent (though not perfect) candidate for the first time since we elected that psychopath Blair into power. If i was to pick a new Tory, which would normally require someone holding a gun to my head, the Chancellors came out of this ok; though not sure he has much charisma to get the support for any challenge. 

Downside round the world is that Trump seems to suffering some sort of mental breakdown with each passing day. 

• 4 weeks later...

So guys, wanted to come and update you. Leicester in England has been placed on a second lockdown tonight. Shops must close again tonight! I think this is just the start of second lockdown and I think the UK is still far away from clearing this. 

Contrary to everything that we have been told and explained during the lockdown months here in Bulgaria, now we have 2-3x more registered new COVID cases on a daily basis but no one from our government officials dares to say even a word about some/any restrictions coming back into place! It's really difficult to understand such a schizophrenic behaviour... 🤯

51 minutes ago, ValDes said:

Contrary to everything that we have been told and explained during the lockdown months here in Bulgaria, now we have 2-3x more registered new COVID cases on a daily basis but no one from our government officials dares to say even a word about some/any restrictions coming back into place! It's really difficult to understand such a schizophrenic behaviour... 🤯

OMG! That's not good news at all. Yesterday I saw a photo (online) of lots and lots of unopened shades and empty chairs at a beach in Bulgaria...then it struck me that the situation there may have gotten worse! 😬

There's been no further deaths in Malaysia...thank god...but still getting single-digit daily new cases. 

51 minutes ago, Afi4wins said:

OMG! That's not good news at all. Yesterday I saw a photo (online) of lots and lots of unopened shades and empty chairs at a beach in Bulgaria...then it struck me that the situation there may have gotten worse! 😬

There's been no further deaths in Malaysia...thank god...but still getting single-digit daily new cases. 

Yeah, the Black Sea resorts are almost empty... Same goes for biggest mountain SPA & resorts... :(  Totally understandable thou - still paralyzed air- and land-traffic, no one really knows who's allowed to come and go from any European country actually, situation changes on a daily,sometimes hourly basis with new instructions set in place only to be removed a few hours/days later...

To be honest, I don't really expect that Europe will have a normal holiday season this summer, I mean the whole continent and not just Bulgaria. 

Glad to hear things getting so much better in Malaysia! :good: