Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rinqa
    Newest Member
    Rinqa

• No registered users viewing this page.

Let's have some chit chat :)

I'm back if anyone even noticed I was gone! I've had a major disaster tonight my laptop broke the screen will not knock on and I have lost all my work. EVERYTHING. I could literally cry. I've using my partners laptop now and have just have to buy a new one tonight I am not a happy bunny not just because of the price of a new one but the fact I've lost everything.

It's 1 am I am so tired so I will catch up tomorrow.

Hi Coco and others!

It took me a bit longer... but here it's!

I will be really glad if you share you thoughts on that - the feedback is always important :)

I will catch up with your thread tomorrow too dear if you don't mind.

I'm back if anyone even noticed I was gone! I've had a major disaster tonight my laptop broke the screen will not knock on and I have lost all my work. EVERYTHING. I could literally cry. I've using my partners laptop now and have just have to buy a new one tonight I am not a happy bunny not just because of the price of a new one but the fact I've lost everything.

Oh dear me! If only the screen is broken, you can just replace it with a new one, can't you my dear? Don't have to but a new laptop?  :huh:

How would I get a new screen for a laptop though? Not sure if I could?

Oh geees...of course you can get a screen replacement my dear! Just take the laptop to the computer shop and ask for a screen replacement - depending on your laptop brand and model of course.

If it cannot be replaced, then you need to buy a new laptop, but you can ask the shop to recover back all your files from the previous laptop and transfer them into the new one. There's a small fee for this service...but you would get all your old files back...so nothing is lost...except for some cash!  ^_^

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your mid-night laptop failure, it sucks bog time when machines are failing on us, isn't it... :( 

The good news as Afi and Fiekie already mentioned is that broken laptop monitor doesn't mean your hard disk drive is corrupted... All you need to do is to take the laptop to a specialized service shop and that's it. If the repair would cost too much /more than the laptop current price at the moment/ you could always take off your hard disk drive and copy the needed information to a flash drive or even cd/dvd... Lots of options ahead, just ping us if you need additional help or instructions. ;)

Ahh thanks so much for your advice guys - some more questions if  I may?

For a while the screen had been flickering black, on and off. It has been dropped numerous times by the kids I put that down to this. Now the screen just doesn't knock on but I assume its like the connector to the screen that would be dodgy because of the flickering? Do you think that's possible and if so is this something that could be fixed cheaply?

My new laptop is already ordered I simply cannot be without it but if I could get my other one fixed as a back up that would be great. And to recover my files would also be great. 

I may take it into a shop then and just get a price. I'll let you know what I decide. On the plus side though I currently pay monthly for to Microsoft, the new laptop has a year's free on it so I can cancel the direct debit and save me £6 a month for a year at least. 

Ahh thanks so much for your advice guys - some more questions if  I may?

For a while the screen had been flickering black, on and off. It has been dropped numerous times by the kids I put that down to this. Now the screen just doesn't knock on but I assume its like the connector to the screen that would be dodgy because of the flickering? Do you think that's possible and if so is this something that could be fixed cheaply?

My new laptop is already ordered I simply cannot be without it but if I could get my other one fixed as a back up that would be great. And to recover my files would also be great. 

I may take it into a shop then and just get a price. I'll let you know what I decide. On the plus side though I currently pay monthly for to Microsoft, the new laptop has a year's free on it so I can cancel the direct debit and save me £6 a month for a year at least. 

The words 'dropped' and 'numerous times' that's probably the reason why it went dark. Computers are complicated things, if something wrong with it, it could be hunderds of reasons. One time, I turned on my laptop and it went sky blue, giving me error messages and stuff. First I thought it just crashed and no fixing would help but I turned it inside out and found out that a strip of RAM was broken. I removed the broken RAM and it worked just fine, only slower but it worked. So, it probably can be fixed but that's not certain because...you know...complicated machines ;)

Well, no one can be certain of anything without looking into the laptop. If it was just the connection that has become loose, that would be a very easy and cheap solution. If it's the display card that is damaged, that's not too expensive to replace either. What is expensive is the display screen itself.

Flickering of the display can be caused by one of the 3 things I mentioned. Also possible would be the motherboard itself may have been damaged, which may need replacing, and this is quite an expensive item.

Well, only the repairman can ascertain what is wrong with the laptop. We can only guesstimate.  :p

Well, no one can be certain of anything without looking into the laptop. If it was just the connection that has become loose, that would be a very easy and cheap solution. If it's the display card that is damaged, that's not too expensive to replace either. What is expensive is the display screen itself.

Flickering of the display can be caused by one of the 3 things I mentioned. Also possible would be the motherboard itself may have been damaged, which may need replacing, and this is quite an expensive item.

Well, only the repairman can ascertain what is wrong with the laptop. We can only guesstimate.  :p

I'm tempted to go and get it priced but will I have to pay just for them to look at it or only if they do the repair?

I'm tempted to go and get it priced but will I have to pay just for them to look at it or only if they do the repair?

Most shops would do a check-up first, then gives you an estimate on the repair costs, at no cost to you.  ^_^

If they insist on a service charge just for doing a check-up, never go back to them again!  :p

• 3 weeks later...

Last week during lunchtime I went to buy myselve a new pair of shoes.

Fell in love with the newest fluorescent red Nikes ,bought them and decided to put them on immediately..

I was so happy with them.

When I came home after work I walked into the livingroom to my wife.  walked straight to her and asked her , do you see anything at me ??

She was watching her favourite tv show and without even looking at me she said  , go away i am watching my fav show... :( 

Now I got a big angry, went to the bathroom, put all my clothes off, and naked with my new shoes on I went back to her and asked again.

Now she looked up to me for 2 seconds, from top till toe and back and then she mumbled :

You should have bought new hat... :blush: 

Fell in love with the newest fluorescent red Nikes ,bought them and decided to put them on immediately..

When I came home after work I walked into the livingroom to my wife.  walked straight to her and asked her , do you see anything at me ??

She was watching her favourite tv show and without even looking at me she said  , go away i am watching my fav show... :(

Now I got a big angry, went to the bathroom, put all my clothes off, and naked with my new shoes on I went back to her and asked again.

Now she looked up to me for 2 seconds, from top till toe and back and then she mumbled :

:shok:  Extreme measures to get her to notice your trainers!

:lol:  :lol:

Oh, man...  :lol:

Hola Afioso good morning  ;)

Holaaaa...good morning to you too Helena darling!  ^_^

How are things going on with you lately? You've been very quiet so far...so that's not a good sign.  ;)

Things are not so good on my side too, unfortunately...  :p

Holaaaa...good morning to you too Helena darling!  ^_^

How are things going on with you lately? You've been very quiet so far...so that's not a good sign.  ;)

Things are not so good on my side too, unfortunately...  :p

My side ?? disaster ..... i am not able to win anything... sometimes i just wonder whyyyy.... 

My side ?? disaster ..... i am not able to win anything... sometimes i just wonder whyyyy.... 

Well, that's just too bad darling...but no one can know the reasons why either.

Luck is very elusive indeed...but from what I know of your luck, it tends to stay for very short periods of time...so if you missed this lucky time, then how to win from it, right?  :(

After saying that, good luck may indeed take a long time to come around again, as it was for me before this...almost 2 dead years to come back!  :p