Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hoana11
    Newest Member
    Hoana11

• No registered users viewing this page.

Let's have some chit chat :)

@Oshi - Well all was good and then Boom another crash today  :angry:  However it's only happened once so I'm hoping that was a one off  ;)

Try the Driver Booster first then Sharon darling. It only takes a few minutes to download the latest Driver Booster v4.2.

After installation, the program runs itself and scans all your drivers. You'd be really surprised at the number of outdated drivers that you have in your computer! No harm trying it now right?  ;)

@Oshi - Well all was good and then Boom another crash today  :angry:  However it's only happened once so I'm hoping that was a one off  ;)

Hi Sharon

You would need to find out what is causing the crash by checking the Event Viewer.

Also add-ins might cause the browser to crash , just google turn extensions in google chrome off and disable all of them and check it again.

What windows are you running?

Hi Sharon

You would need to find out what is causing the crash by checking the Event Viewer.

Also add-ins might cause the browser to crash , just google turn extensions in google chrome off and disable all of them and check it again.

What windows are you running?

It's still happening!  :angry:

How do I check the event viewer? The only add on I use is the screenshot one (lightshot)

I think I'm running Windows 8

Hi

This is how you access and check the event viewer.

You should look under Administrative event or Application event.

Also expand critical or error to see for details regarding applications.

Tell me if you see anything for Chrome.

Approve this external link - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997769(v=exchg.65).aspx

Hi

This is how you access and check the event viewer.

You should look under Administrative event or Application event.

Also expand critical or error to see for details regarding applications.

Tell me if you see anything for Chrome.

Approve this external link - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997769(v=exchg.65).aspx

Okay thanks mate, I don't have time to check right now, I've saved the link and I'll come back tonight with my findings for more help

@Fiekie

So, I've just followed those instructions and I seen a lot of errors but didn't understand any of it and I can't screenshot it to show you. However in my Task Manager it says there are like 6 Chromes open but I definitely have only one 5 of them show CPU at 0%

Any idea if that means anything? 

I've tried switching to Firefox but it's far too slow

Each one of the opened chrome refers to an opened chrome extension but isn't active (0%) at that moment in time. That is normal, depending on how many extensions you have installed. Ending the tasks of each unused extension would not prevent it from crashing again.

I think it is best to try Driver Booster first, to detect which drivers are outdated. Checking with Windows program would only show that all drivers are up-to-date!

My last crashes were due to outdated drivers, about 7 or 8 of them, including Adobe Flash Player which was supposed to be up-to-date!

@Fiekie

So, I've just followed those instructions and I seen a lot of errors but didn't understand any of it and I can't screenshot it to show you. However in my Task Manager it says there are like 6 Chromes open but I definitely have only one 5 of them show CPU at 0%

Try using Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot.

Does any of the error mention chrome in the summary?

Each one of the opened chrome refers to an opened chrome extension but isn't active (0%) at that moment in time. That is normal, depending on how many extensions you have installed. Ending the tasks of each unused extension would not prevent it from crashing again.

I think it is best to try Driver Booster first, to detect which drivers are outdated. Checking with Windows program would only show that all drivers are up-to-date!

My last crashes were due to outdated drivers, about 7 or 8 of them, including Adobe Flash Player which was supposed to be up-to-date!

Try using Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot.

Does any of the error mention chrome in the summary?

My lightshot tool has disappeared now don't know what's going on. I'll try your solutions and come back to you if I need help, no doubt I will

Looks like you've got a virus problem there Sharon darling. If it's a 'worm' it could even be worse! It could damage your entire hard disk if not rectified quickly! Better work on it tonight...no time to waste!  :p

Looks like you've got a virus problem there Sharon darling. If it's a 'worm' it could even be worse! It could damage your entire hard disk if not rectified quickly! Better work on it tonight...no time to waste!  :p

I have a firewall and virus protection wouldn't it pick that up? I'm seriously thinking of smashing my laptop against the wall right now

@Fiekie

Try using Maxthon. It is not that known, but I love it!