Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jeffreyvanness
    Newest Member
    Jeffreyvanness

• No registered users viewing this page.

Let's have some chit chat :)

2 hours ago, pinnit2015 said:

Only game i'll be playing today is running away from our IT department after my bottle of water spilled in the laptop bag and it won't turn on - pretty sure i heard a fizzing sound from the back of it 😲

There's no real escape from the IT department! Saying that as a former IT myself. :girl_devil:

Confess and pray for their goodwill (you know, bottle of fine, old scotch plus some decent Havana cigar would do the job I guess)... 😜

1 hour ago, pinnit2015 said:

Few bags like... don’t think it did much good...

On the plus side, my Bose headphones were ok.

I put my phone through a full washing machine cycle just before Christmas. My little girl was sick through the night. Stripped the beds forgetting i put my phone on the bed to use the torch and put it all in the washing machine. So I also had to wait for the cycle to finish too. Chucked it in rice and worked perfectly by the morning lol.

1 hour ago, cocopop3011 said:

I put my phone through a full washing machine cycle just before Christmas. My little girl was sick through the night. Stripped the beds forgetting i put my phone on the bed to use the torch and put it all in the washing machine. So I also had to wait for the cycle to finish too. Chucked it in rice and worked perfectly by the morning lol.

Hmm, have just learned something new and definitely of potential great use today! Thanks! :D

Just to let you all know guys, I haven't forgotten about the game (I know you all know how bad my memory is lol) but no, quite the opposite in fact! I am looking into something for you all at the moment, can't promise anything but hopefully will have something for you in the coming weeks....Lips are sealed for now.

@pinnit2015 Have you been hit by the storm? 
South Wales has been battered, we are in a state of emergency. In. 35 years I have never ever seen floods like it, it’s absolutely devastating as we have been hit by Storm Dennis 😥 I’m going to share some pictures of the surrounding towns behind me. Thank god we have not been evacuated we are quite high up the mountain so everything runs down. But it’s so sad. To any fellow welsh people reading this, stay safe 

3D5D973B-1A7E-4520-96E6-5E1EB8131C07.jpeg

16A8920D-5B49-4583-849A-317B9176D364.jpeg

8CEFC6E4-8AD1-433C-B838-E27C192E1E61.jpeg

2C32BED6-4C7B-4BCB-8438-A6120D6D6C92.jpeg

FEAAE603-3184-440A-B68D-B47A5AFD74A0.jpeg

I used to go out with a lass from Abergavenny, think that was the last time i was in Wales many moons ago.

What gets me is always, seemingly, how under prepared we are despite having (well the SE of England especially) this happen quite often - not sure there's much you can do right enough apart from respond to what happens. 

20 minutes ago, pinnit2015 said:

I used to go out with a lass from Abergavenny, think that was the last time i was in Wales many Moons ago.

What gets me is always, seemingly, how under prepared we are despite having (well the SE of England especially) this happen quite often - not sure there's much you can do right enough apart from respond to what happens. 

My sister lives there! I’m about 15 minutes away. Abergavenny is awful, it’s been hit bad. The town opposite has been evacuated to Abergavenny Leisure Centre. 

I think S.Wales was massively under prepared. In my lifetime I’ve never seen anything like it. England gets hit hard I used to watch it on the news but seeing it happen in our local towns is so sad 😥 Businesses and homes have been destroyed and apparently Storm Ellen is on its way, I’m not sure we can take it. There’s been several landslides too 😏

11 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

My sister lives there! I’m about 15 minutes away. Abergavenny is awful, it’s been hit bad. The town opposite has been evacuated to Abergavenny Leisure Centre. 

I think S.Wales was massively under prepared. In my lifetime I’ve never seen anything like it. England gets hit hard I used to watch it on the news but seeing it happen in our local towns is so sad 😥 Businesses and homes have been destroyed and apparently Storm Ellen is on its way, I’m not sure we can take it. There’s been several landslides too 😏

😮 I didn't do anything!

Big thing as well will be how dry the summer is - we're now getting huge amounts of rain in the Summer so risk that it wont have a chance to recover before being hit again.

Need to check the stats because i'm pretty sure the UK's budget has been cut regarding flood prevention which, when the Minister spoke in York, makes a mockery of their words.

Country's been on standstill since Brexit so wouldn't surprise me.