Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Angelo34yq
    Newest Member
    Angelo34yq

• No registered users viewing this page.

Summer of Sports Contest - Win admin points for cash prizes!

8 hours ago, Afi4wins said:

Yes...triple YAY! YAY! YAY! 😁

5 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

Haha, afraid not on the triple points, but nice try 😛

Oh no! Oh no! Oh No! 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

I feel like they have an unfair advantage with 655 athletes 🤣

they even managed to steal a medal from the Romanians in gymnastics, when the USA coach approached the judges and told them something false and then the judges changed their scores and the Romanian gymnast dropped to 4th and a USA gymnast went to 3rd to give the USA team all 3 positions on the podium. 

Maneca-Voinea and Romanian teammate Ana Barbosu were left outside the medals in Monday's floor final after finishing with matching scores of 13.700. Barbosu thought she had won bronze over Maneca-Voinea via a tiebreaker — a higher execution score — and began celebrating with a Romanian flag.

Chiles was the last athlete to compete and initially was given a score that put her in fifth place, right behind Maneca-Voinea. Chiles' coaches called for an inquiry on her score, and after a review, judges boosted Chiles' total by 0.1. That was enough to leapfrog Barbosu and Maneca-Voinea for the last spot on the podium.

Maneca-Voinea was given a 0.1 deduction for stepping out of bounds during her routine, but replays showed she narrowly kept her heel inbounds during the moment in question.

The Romanian Olympic Committee said its president, Mihai Covaliu, wrote a letter of protest to the International Gymnastics Federation asking it to reconsider Maneca-Voinea's score, saying an initial challenge was rejected.

“The way in which the score was assessed and the refusal to present the full reasons/proofs for the rejection of the appeal submitted within the time limit set by the rules seriously harms the image of international gymnastics, but in particular affects the athlete, even jeopardizing their mental health,” Covaliu said.

Gymnastics great Nadia Comaneci was furious after fellow Romanian Ana Barbosu lost her bronze to American Jordan Chiles on Monday when U.S. coaches called for an inquiry that boosted Chiles’ score and left Barbosu off the podium and crying on the floor at the Paris Olympics.

“I can’t believe we play with athletes mental health and emotions like this… let’s protect them,” the nine-time Olympic medalist wrote on X.

Barbosu initially thought she’d won a medal in Monday’s floor final on the last day of gymnastics events. Chiles was the final competitor, and the initial score posted on the videoboard was lower than Barbosu’s, prompting the Romanian to grab her country’s flag and begin celebrating.

Moments later, it was announced that Chiles’ coaches had asked judges to review the difficulty component of her score. That led to a .1 boost, bumping Chiles to 13.766 — just ahead of Barbosu’s 13.700.

When the revised results flashed, the 18-year-old Barbosu looked up toward the giant screen and froze. She was then filmed exiting the venue in tears, devastated.

“At this point, we had nothing to lose, so I was like ‘We’re just going to try,” Team USA coach Cecile Landi said of the inquiry. “I honestly didn’t think it was going to happen but when I heard her scream, I turned around and was like ‘What?’”

Members who predicted 120+ medals to be won in the Paris 2024 Olympics are:

1. @Blackjax - 120 medals

2. @Afi4wins - 124 medals

3. @cocopop3011 - 128 medals

4. @Icy - 134 medals

Who will have predicted the exact number of medals won by end of 11th August 2024??? 😁

1 hour ago, Afi4wins said:

Getting closer to my predicted number...

Screenshot_1.jpg

I’m only 13 away from my number on Ladbroke but don’t know if that’s possible in 2 days and I’m sure n oar to win China as the most gold models, last night they were tying with USA. 

33 minutes ago, cocopop3011 said:

I’m only 13 away from my number on Ladbroke but don’t know if that’s possible in 2 days and I’m sure n oar to win China as the most gold models, last night they were tying with USA. 

Both China and USA are neck to neck with their Gold medals tally...but anyone of the two could eventually win the most Gold medals.

As for total medals tally, looks like USA is most definitely coming out the winner.

So far the United States is leader, 111 medals, 33 gold. I think the Americans are smarter than the others, they recruit the largest contingent of athletes to win the maximum number of medals. The Americans participate to collect the medals, while most other nations participate for the sake of participation.

@cocopop3011 Well, well, well, looks like you're the ONLY ONE who correctly predicted that China would win the most Gold medals!

I missed my total medals tally by a measly 1 medal...aaaaargh! 😝

Screenshot_1.jpg

All of China's events are over. They cant add anything more to their tally. Usa can win another gold or silver so they are going to end at 126 medals. It should have been 127 but they were stripped of one bronze 20 minutes ago.

USA's gymnast Jordan Chiles had to return back her Bronze medal (Rumanian girl Ana Barbosu won it back - I'm so happy they reverted back the decision), so medal tally for USA is 124!!! Hope there won't be any new changes! 😁

Screenshot_1.jpg