Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Fager80
    Newest Member
    Fager80

• No registered users viewing this page.

Starburst XXXtreme - Hit or Fail?

I'm sorry, but this game has to have a topic of its own!

I know we've discussed this game briefly but it just wouldn't be right if this game didn't have its own place! We've seen sceenshots and screenshots of it's original,  but time for honest opinions - is history about to repeat itself or has NetEnt gone too far?

What are we thinking guys?

More about the game can be found here - NetEnt Revamp an Old Time Classic as They Launch Starburst XXXtreme

At this point from what I have seen its a big hit. I know its too early to say. But I have seen some big hits on the bonus buy feature. The game gives two wild reels and can also give 3 wild reels of 150x each. Though the wild reels add up and not multiply each other its still big. The base game without the double wild reel bonus buy feature is just boring and since now it pays only one way not both ways I dont see the point playing it. I will surely try bonus buys on this one. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

I gave it 1000 spins yesterday. Generally, I think its a decent game and surely a hit compared to the last Starburst sequel, Berryburst. 

I played without using the xxxtreme spins and from that my biggest criticism is that the base game reels are terrible. Lots of dead spins and the hits are always 5x or under. So all the RTP is in the Starburst wilds. Ultimately, the draining and sleepy feel of the base spins pushes you use the more expensive xxxtreme spins. I'm personally not a fan of games that behave like this. But there's no other reasonable way to the play the game in my opinion.

I've watched some streamers play only the 2 wild xxxtreme spins. A bit amusing that from only using the 'xxxtreme' spins the game clearly becomes as low volatile as the original.

It's definitely a win for NetEnt. Will it replace the original? Doubt it. I think it will be forgotten about in a few weeks.

11 hours ago, FairGamer519 said:

I gave it 1000 spins yesterday. Generally, I think its a decent game and surely a hit compared to the last Starburst sequel, Berryburst. 

I played without using the xxxtreme spins and from that my biggest criticism is that the base game reels are terrible. Lots of dead spins and the hits are always 5x or under. So all the RTP is in the Starburst wilds. Ultimately, the draining and sleepy feel of the base spins pushes you use the more expensive xxxtreme spins. I'm personally not a fan of games that behave like this. But there's no other reasonable way to the play the game in my opinion.

I've watched some streamers play only the 2 wild xxxtreme spins. A bit amusing that from only using the 'xxxtreme' spins the game clearly becomes as low volatile as the original.

It's definitely a win for NetEnt. Will it replace the original? Doubt it. I think it will be forgotten about in a few weeks.

Really interesting to read, thank you for sharing. Think NetEnt have needed to pull something out of the bag for a long time now, whether this is it or not, who knows. 

gave it 193 spins , RTP 61.55%.....

2nd spin paid 20xBet and that was the best of the session... 150 spins were dead, 15 were Losses disguised as wins (those were 0.5x ,0.7x, and 0.8x), 7 were equal returns, 21 profitable spins (best ones were 20x, 16.5x, 15.2x,  .. this slot has the NetEnt famous feature:  too many dead spins built in and ruins what could have been a good game (longest streak of dead spins was 17 and another was 15). NetEnt is so good at putting these long streaks of dead spins into so many of their games, at least I can say I had been up on this slot at some point at end of spin 2. but now down 74.2xBet and probably won't be playing it again. Should have left after 50 or 100 spins.

2 hours ago, Flatzem said:

gave it 193 spins , RTP 61.55%.....

2nd Spin paid 20xBet and that was the best of the session... 150 spins were dead, 15 were Losses disguised as wins (those were 0.5x ,0.7x, and 0.8x), 7 were equal returns, 21 profitable spins (best ones were 20x, 16.5x, 15.2x,  .. this slot has the NetEnt famous feature:  too many dead spins built in and ruins what could have been a good game (longest streak of dead spins was 17 and another was 15). NetEnt is so good at putting these long streaks of dead spins into so many of their games, at least I can say I had been up on this slot at some point at end of spin 2. but now down 74.2xBet and probably won't be playing it again. Should have left after 50 or 100 spins.

Always stick to that 50 or 100 spins rule bro...grinding on would only mean losing more!

Anyway, I'm not interested in trying out this new Starburst game...haven't even tried it in fun mode as yet.

ok let's talk about this thing........ Starburst the name itself ..... how did NetEnt come up with it ? they just took it from the candy company

Starburst_Logo.png.a6bd51b04918f7cec270ad2123eb4a91.png

Owner: Mars

Produced by: The Wrigley Company

Introduced UK, 1960; 61 years ago

Tagline: Unexplainably Juicy

starburst.png.eb7dd8639b429b09a0849c1c94c3fb20.png

starburstxxxtreme-banner.thumb.jpg.03688bf2edaa668a7b2143da70a4e546.jpg

now here is something else. Starburst was originally known as Opal Fruits...... so BTG also took their name for their slot.

Opalfruits.thumb.jpg.da66c8021ac5978339b394d0c7d5f795.jpg

opal-fruits.jpg.0a286d19171ac20d03fe755ad70065d1.jpg

and what was NetEnt thinking using the triple x in their slot name, how is that even appropriate. They could have called it Starburst Xtreme without resorting to the triple X. Also here is something else. the triple X is actually triple 6. X being the 24th letter of the alphabet, with 2+4=6, giving us a triple-X 666 signal. They are secretly promoting triple 6. and so is Monster Energy drink :  The logo is very similar to the Hebrew letter “Vav”. In the Hebrew Alphabet, every letter is also a corresponding number and Vav is the number 6. Thus the three Vavs in a row form 666, which is the Biblical number of the Beast. So many other companies are doing these subliminal symbolism in their logos.

Monster-Logo.jpg.5b1f884a93f03a7e95bd2db7774447bb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Now I have finally gotten the chance to try this out in real play I thought I'd give my views. 

I like it. I don't have any decent screenshots to share but it's defo a game that I'd jump into now and again. I haven't activated the XXX spins though. I like the multiplier option had a few x10 and x'6's

However, I also played Starburst straight after and I have my comparisons. One thing I really missed about the XXX is the pay both ways, personally I think NetEnt should have kept this in the sequel. The stars are also much easier to trigger in the original game, as are multiple stars. In fact, I never got more than one wild reel in the XXX version. 

But with that being said I did enjoy the game and it will certainly be on my play list.