Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Tetness10
    Newest Member
    Tetness10

• No registered users viewing this page.

Newbie Sports Betting Questions

Hey guys, I've been reading up today on Moneyline bets because I'm trying to incorporate it into a script that I'm writing for a class. I think I've got the basic understanding of how it works in terms of underdogs/favorites, but I just had a few questions I was hoping to get clarified because I didn't want to write anything unrealistic.

I've seen that if both teams were evenly matched, you might see odds like -115/-105 or -115/-115. Is it possible for there to be a double-positive odds, like +400/+400? Is that rare? I haven't seen any double positive odds very much at all in my research, so I was curious.

And lastly, in a hypothetical situation - if there were two teams/players who were both very popular, and both sides were pretty evenly matched in terms of skillsets and odds, and the stakes were made to be high (for ex. a highly publicized match), what are some moneyline odds you might see? Would they both be positive, or both negative?

Sorry if these questions come off as stupid, still learning the process here. For my script I don't plan on going too much into details, but I did want to list some realistic moneyline odds numbers.

Just now, mrstarck said:

Hey guys, I've been reading up today on Moneyline bets because I'm trying to incorporate it into a script that I'm writing for a class. I think I've got the basic understanding of how it works in terms of underdogs/favorites, but I just had a few questions I was hoping to get clarified because I didn't want to write anything unrealistic.

I've seen that if both teams were evenly matched, you might see odds like -115/-105 or -115/-115. Is it possible for there to be a double-positive odds, like +400/+400? Is that rare? I haven't seen any double positive odds very much at all in my research, so I was curious.

And lastly, in a hypothetical situation - if there were two teams/players who were both very popular, and both sides were pretty evenly matched in terms of skillsets and odds, and the stakes were made to be high (for ex. a highly publicized match), what are some moneyline odds you might see? Would they both be positive, or both negative?

Sorry if these questions come off as stupid, still learning the process here emirates easy 6 result. For my script I don't plan on going too much into details, but I did want to list some realistic moneyline odds numbers.

thanks for any help

1 hour ago, mrstarck said:

Sorry if these questions come off as stupid, still learning the process here. For my script I don't plan on going too much into details, but I did want to list some realistic moneyline odds numbers.

There are similar odds for events where there is a 50% chance of something happening. For example in sports where there is a Toss the outcome is heads or tails, so both teams could win. In these cases odds are generally 1.89/1.89. Having similar odds for both sides is not rare.