Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Duki0510
    Newest Member
    Duki0510

• No registered users viewing this page.

Closing and Opening a Slot: Is it the same session?

Kingraj

Greetings fellow Askgamblers,

I have been playing slots throughout Christmas period and really starting to enjoy it.
My question is I've noticed some games like terminator 2 when I end a session eg after a bonus round and load it back up next day it resumes from where I left off even the symbols exact positions.
Do slots continue from same cycle or is each new session a completely different cycle eg say jack and the beanstalk not paying anything for 25 spins if I close it and reopen it's a completely different game and not carrying on from where I was?
That's if cycles exist.
I am still learning and any input greatly appreciated.

Edited by cocopop3011
Admin Edit: Title changed

That's a rather difficult question to give a good answer, mate. If you're playing on a downloaded software game, it always resume from where you had left off...that's why I still prefer this. Online versions works differently. I guess some games do resume from the same exact point of left off, but most don't. Anyway, no one can be absolutely certain of this, sorry to say. The opening screen may resume at the same point, but the game play may not...it may start again at any random point in the game cycle.  ;)

Do game cycles exist? That's highly debatable and arguable, no doubt, but I certainly believe they do have! I have seen several recurrences of the same similar cycles (not identical of course - with varying potentials each time) but a losing cycle would still remain a losing cycle, and a winning cycle remaining a winning one too.  :p

Thank you afi4wins, in regards to these cycles, are there any data as to how long a cycle can be?

Eg every 1000, 5000, 10000 spins.

You're welcome mate.  ^_^

Even if I can get those data for you mate, it won't work with any other game! Each game works by its own algorithms, so no two games would have same similarities - not even a clone of the same game!  :p

You would need to play your favourite game over at least 50,000 spins before you can see any similarities! Some games may need less spins, some even more...so anything goes!  :D My favourite games have all seen at least 100,000 spins over the years mate.  ;)

Kingraj, if you play Finn And The Swirly Spins, a low variance game, over 5,000 spins, then you can begin to see a few non-winning similarities. Not that I'm recommending this game, it pays so poorly most of the time, but I enjoy playing it nonetheless...perhaps because of its novelty and nothing else! I guess I'll soon get bored with it too with all that damn lousy payouts! Hahaha.  :lol:

If anyone of you has this figured this out let us know.

Sometimes the states of the games stay for a long time, and sometimes in under 24 hours the state resets to the original position.

Is there a fast rule here? Does it depend on the site, software provider or what?

:huh: ...sorry mate...I don't understand what you are saying...states of a game...or stats of a game?

Anyway, the stats of a game only refer to your current play on the game...it does not show if it is resuming from the last played point. Only downloaded Microgaming software had this option of 'resume play where you left off'...but that's all gone by now.  :p