Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cryptomillion
    Newest Member
    cryptomillion

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Paris Olympics 2024!

7 days to go and I am very excited! I absolutely love the Olympics, the gymnastics is my favourite part, but enjoy a lot more of the sports. 

How does everyone feel about the Olympics? And which sports do you like to watch? 

What kind of bets can we make guys? You’ll have to help me out with this part. 

I am bad at olympics events. I only like boxing among the listed events. I used to love watching Curling as it was a weird sport to watch at first. 

I suggest we should do a contest regarding how many medals a country will win. Pick your favourites to win most Gold, silver and bronze medals. Pick a country to top the medals tally. Finally guess total number of medals your own country will win. Not exact but a range. 

On 7/19/2024 at 1:38 PM, Blackjax said:

I am bad at olympics events. I only like boxing among the listed events. I used to love watching Curling as it was a weird sport to watch at first. 

I suggest we should do a contest regarding how many medals a country will win. Pick your favourites to win most Gold, silver and bronze medals. Pick a country to top the medals tally. Finally guess total number of medals your own country will win. Not exact but a range. 

We will run a contest like this! If I set up the contest, @Blackjax are you willing to keep track of the results as I’m swamped with reviews right now. I’m willing to produce a lot of admin points for the contest to get people taking part. Let me work it all out tonight. 

On 7/19/2024 at 3:06 PM, cocopop3011 said:

The Olympic Games are always an exciting event! Personally, I love watching gymnastics and athletics, but other sports are just as interesting. As for bets, you can place bets on the winners of individual competitions, the overall medal tally, team tournament results, and even the performances of specific athletes. The main thing is to approach this responsibly and enjoy the spectacle!

16 minutes ago, Flatzem said:

olympics1.png.14dbcb84e9e8c4ef04324249957943ac.png

Me and the children watched it and absolutely loved it. It was VERY different to other openings, very “extra” I would say, but we loved it. Love the Olympic flame this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

@Blackjax Did you watch the hockey? GB vs India. Well done India, through to the semi-final on penalites.

Yup. It was an amazing match. India were down to 10 players and managed to not allow a single goal and then GB down to 10 as well. The penalties were exciting to watch. GB started pretty good but then they just fumbled the win.

@cocopop3011 Malaysia just won its 2nd Bronze Medal via the Badminton Men's Singles. Well done my chosen athlete, although I expected him to take home a Silver. 😁

My country medals prediction was 3, but won only 2, and I don't think there's anymore events for my country. So, do I still win admin points for guessing 2 instead of 3? It's well within the +- 10 medals prediction though. 😉