Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Slavka123117
    Newest Member
    Slavka123117

• No registered users viewing this page.

Strange phonecall

Good evening to all of you, i am a new member who just got a strange call... 

I used to bet at 20bet.com until recently, never hade any problems with withdrawals etc.  My phone rang about 1 hour ago with some sort of "agent" from Cypress. They were claiming that they are calling everbody who has lost money at 20bet.com since they now been closed down due to scam?When i asked where they got my number from it was from their list of gamblers...I asked the guy who wrote to me send me an email showing me everything but have not gotten anything yet. 

Have you guys heard of this? Or is this a new sort of scamming? They only thing they wanted me to send was the deposits (From Jeton in my case) and they could transfer the money back. 

Sounds to good to be true, right?

16 hours ago, James.Mcfadden said:

I used to bet at 20bet.com until recently, never hade any problems with withdrawals etc.  My phone rang about 1 hour ago with some sort of "agent" from Cypress. They were claiming that they are calling everbody who has lost money at 20bet.com since they now been closed down due to scam?When i asked where they got my number from it was from their list of gamblers...I asked the guy who wrote to me send me an email showing me everything but have not gotten anything yet. 

Have you guys heard of this? Or is this a new sort of scamming? They only thing they wanted me to send was the deposits (From Jeton in my case) and they could transfer the money back. 

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

I would definitely say this sounds like a scam. Did you give them any information?

8 minutes ago, James.Mcfadden said:

Hello! Of course i did not give them any info :)  He were supposed to call me back tonight but havn´t heard anything yet... so i this has scam written all over :)

Well that’s good news and thanks for sharing it in our forum to make others aware too 😊

I actually got an email today... saying: 

We represent the governmental organization of the Republic of Cyprus which performs the supervision, support, and regulation of national financial activity and its foreign transmissions.

You were contacted by a junior manager from our consumer protection service hotline desk. If you have received this letter, then we suspect that you may have become a victim of fraudulent actions by the fraudulent broker which is currently under criminal investigation in the jurisdiction of the Republic of Cyprus. Unfortunately, the company you have cooperated with was not eligible to provide you with any banking or brokerage services due to not having a valid license issued by the government of the Republic of Cyprus.

According to the Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) of the European Union and General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union your data is stored in an encrypted manner and shall not be passed to any third parties without your personal permission in written / voice recorded form excluding the cases specified by the law of the Republic of Cyprus

In order to make a complaint and have a possibility to withdraw your lost investments from the frozen banking account we have to clarify the following information:

1) The name of the company you cooperated with;

2) The period of your cooperation with this company;

3) The total amount of money that was transferred to your broker;

4) Please specify the way you have used to transfer the money to the broker (wire transfer, private account / family account, debit / credit / prepaid card, exchange services online etc.)

5) Please specify the names of the retail banks you would like to receive your money back.

In case you have the e-mails, telephone calls records, telephone numbers saved or any personal information about your manager from the company you have cooperated with we would kindly ask you to provide us with this information as it might be helpful for us in further court proceedings.

Please provide the documents which may confirm the fact of your cooperation with the company.

Any ideas? Anybody?

24 minutes ago, James.Mcfadden said:

I actually got an email today... saying: 

We represent the governmental organization of the Republic of Cyprus which performs the supervision, support, and regulation of national financial activity and its foreign transmissions.

You were contacted by a junior manager from our consumer protection service hotline desk. If you have received this letter, then we suspect that you may have become a victim of fraudulent actions by the fraudulent broker which is currently under criminal investigation in the jurisdiction of the Republic of Cyprus. Unfortunately, the company you have cooperated with was not eligible to provide you with any banking or brokerage services due to not having a valid license issued by the government of the Republic of Cyprus.

According to the Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) of the European Union and General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union your data is stored in an encrypted manner and shall not be passed to any third parties without your personal permission in written / voice recorded form excluding the cases specified by the law of the Republic of Cyprus

In order to make a complaint and have a possibility to withdraw your lost investments from the frozen banking account we have to clarify the following information:

1) The name of the company you cooperated with;

2) The period of your cooperation with this company;

3) The total amount of money that was transferred to your broker;

4) Please specify the way you have used to transfer the money to the broker (wire transfer, private account / family account, debit / credit / prepaid card, exchange services online etc.)

5) Please specify the names of the retail banks you would like to receive your money back.

In case you have the e-mails, telephone calls records, telephone numbers saved or any personal information about your manager from the company you have cooperated with we would kindly ask you to provide us with this information as it might be helpful for us in further court proceedings.

Please provide the documents which may confirm the fact of your cooperation with the company.

Any ideas? Anybody?

This also seems like a scam if you ask me. Don't release any information.

On 2/16/2024 at 2:26 AM, James.Mcfadden said:

wow, scammers are really everywhere, its better to verify things before sharing any personal details. Stay safe!

1 hour ago, James.Mcfadden said:

I have got an in-used revolut account, maybe i should try? Nothing can happen if they only get my iban, right?

@James.Mcfadden  That's what you may be thinking, but hackers and scammers think and do things beyond the ordinary ways. You may think it's safe, it may be not. Just be caredul!

1 hour ago, Afi4wins said:

@James.Mcfadden  That's what you may be thinking, but hackers and scammers think and do things beyond the ordinary ways. You may think it's safe, it may be not. Just be caredul!

Yes, you are right, i emailed the Gov and asked them if this was true, they have open tomorrow so hopefully i will have an answer by tomorrow night :)