Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Fontenotcassey
    Newest Member
    Fontenotcassey

• No registered users viewing this page.

Does Anyone Use MuchBetter?

16 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

Out of interest, does anyone here use MuchBetter? I'm sure we've spoken about this payment option before so thought it would be good to share the following article for those who do use it. 

MuchBetter Enhances Soft2Bet's Payment Solution

Right now for me it's Best E-wallet system I use.

I deposit, I withdraw, and If I withdraw from Much Better to BTC wallet or my bank account, BTC reflects in 2 hours, bank transfer within 2 days.
Extremely fast and 2% fees on BTC withdrawals and nothing on Bank Transfers. Very cheap too!

11 minutes ago, Blackjax said:

They don't have deposit options from card or bank transfer so I could never now how good or bad they are. The only option available to me are crypto (which I don't have), astropay card and cash deposit that too with 10% fee. No. Thank you.

I use Astropay or Crypto to deposit.
I can use card, but since I cannot make for gambling reasons, I can only deposit non gambling funds with card.

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2022 at 9:40 AM, Blackjax said:

Is there anyone who has used Jeton wallet? I just signed up and got verification completed. Before making a deposit in the wallet I wanted a review. 

No sorry, Maybe you're betting creating a new topic for this one if they're a separate wallet to MuchBetter - 

1 minute ago, cocopop3011 said:

No sorry, Maybe you're betting creating a new topic for this one if they're a separate wallet to MuchBetter - 

I will create a new topic after I use it and will leave a review if others want to try it.

The company is based in UK and lots of positive  UK reviews. I am surprised you or not aware of it.

17 minutes ago, Blackjax said:

I will create a new topic after I use it and will leave a review if others want to try it.

The company is based in UK and lots of positive  UK reviews. I am surprised you or not aware of it.

I think I’ve seen their logo for payment methods in places but no I can’t say I’ve ever had a look at them. 

What are the fees like? 

22 minutes ago, cocopop3011 said:

I think I’ve seen their logo for payment methods in places but no I can’t say I’ve ever had a look at them. 

What are the fees like? 

Not aware for you guys but for us we need to buy a card from a site called dundle and then fund our account. Its 3%  fee to buy card.

2 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

What are the fees like? 

jet1feedep.thumb.png.6febb72d846a0154ee7dbeb4fcda88d6.png

jet2wd.thumb.png.dd7a2fb920cda58e98dd26d3bfc1c72e.png

jet3xfer.thumb.png.a53d7f985149e84c961e2c0e2e270b9c.png

each country has different deposit/withdrawal options......

with UK there is no crypto or jetoncash.. but there is for India

jet1feedepindia.thumb.png.edf57c68290d85ed92c1200290c3e1a0.png

the name Jeton reminds me of the Jetsons...... btw in the Jetsons they still used paper money ! and what other futuristic show used paper money? The Running Man.... The 1987 US film is set in a  dystopian United States between 2017 and 2019.  However  another film, Total Recall was set in 2084.... and there is STILL paper money too.....  in our present 2022 the governments in the world are trying to get rid of paper money and turn everything into digital to give them total control.

1 hour ago, Flatzem said:

the name Jeton reminds me of the Jetsons...... btw in the Jetsons they still used paper money ! and what other futuristic show used paper money? The Running Man.... The 1987 US film is set in a  dystopian United States between 2017 and 2019.  However  another film, Total Recall was set in 2084.... and there is STILL paper money too.....  in our present 2022 the governments in the world are trying to get rid of paper money and turn everything into digital to give them total control.

Paper money will NEVER go out of business...it's been in use ever since it was invented centuries ago.

54 minutes ago, Afi4wins said:

Paper money will NEVER go out of business...it's been in use ever since it was invented centuries ago.

Lots of places in the UK are getting card only - especially in places like theme parks where they've stopped taking cash payments, and in bars. Ever since covid mainly and they never reverted back to accepting cash. 

2 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

Lots of places in the UK are getting card only - especially in places like theme parks where they've stopped taking cash payments, and in bars. Ever since covid mainly and they never reverted back to accepting cash. 

remember when you would get cash discounts for using cash... you could haggle with shop keepers....  nowadays,  there are also limits on how much cash you can spend in one transaction...  each country has different cash limits. In 2020 swedes used cash for only 9% of transactions.  In the UK only 23% of all payments in 2019 were made using cash, down from close to 60% a decade earlier, as people increasingly turn to other methods to make transactions, such as debit cards and digital payments.

3 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

Most businesses prefer to receive payments without cash, mainly for ease and security/safety reasons, but there will always be small businesses that wouldn't want to accept payments other than cash. Try buying something at flea markets by credit card, or crypto. If I'm a seller, I wouldn't accept anything else but cash.

8 minutes ago, Afi4wins said:

Most businesses prefer to receive payments without cash, mainly for ease and security/safety reasons, but there will always be small businesses that wouldn't want to accept payments other than cash. Try buying something at flea markets by credit card, or crypto. If I'm a seller, I wouldn't accept anything else but cash.

I went out a few months ago with friends, took cash. No pub we went to accepted cash, I had to phone my partner to transfer me money to pay on my card lol. But yes I agree  smaller businesses will accept cash

Looks like I will be reviewing another wallet in future. This one is  eZeewallet. The best part about this one is that there are no deposit fees. Negative thing that you can only have one currency.

Hope to leave a review on this and jeton in the next one month.

On 6/5/2022 at 9:40 PM, cocopop3011 said:

I went out a few months ago with friends, took cash. No pub we went to accepted cash, I had to phone my partner to transfer me money to pay on my card lol. But yes I agree  smaller businesses will accept cash

those pubs now accepting cash again right?

1 hour ago, cocopop3011 said:

Nope 

did some web searches

ok back in 2021 April.. there was this

Drinkers warned to take cash to pubs when they reopen as landlords may struggle with card payments outside

Industry bosses are concerned that many rural pubs suffer from poor broadband and mobile signals in their gardens

But industry bosses are concerned that some rural pubs suffer from poor broadband and mobile signals in their gardens and, according to The Daily Telegraph, have complained to ministers as some pubs and bars can’t take outdoor payments due to licensing restrictions.

---

Pubs don’t accept cash?!!

3 years ago

Someone I know just returned from England and said that most of the pubs there did not except cash. This seems rather odd indeed. I have no idea what the reasoning was but am now wondering if this will be the case in Dublin. What about Belfast?

---

if only there was a way to punish shops that don't accept cash... by charging them much much higher fees for accepting only debit/credit cards.... or just not buying anything from them....

'Patronised'

Some people were able to go to another shop to buy what they wanted but almost a third were unable to buy items or services at all.

Which? said two out of five people were left empty handed when they had problems paying for groceries, while nearly a fifth had problems trying to buy medicine.

Andy Fisher in Beverley said: "I was told by one shop assistant that cash was 'a thing of the past' when I tried to buy some stationery, which made me feel uncomfortable and patronised.

Can shops say no to legal tender?

Do you know what legal tender is? Most British banknotes aren’t actually legal tender across the country, which may be the reason why there’s such confusion about them.

According to the Bank of England, legal tender has a very narrow and technical meaning, which relates to settling debts.

It means that if you are in debt to someone then you can’t be sued for non-payment if you offer full payment of your debts in legal tender.

But what is classed as legal tender varies across Britain?

In England and Wales, it only refers to coins issued by the Royal Mint and notes from the Bank of England.

In Scotland and Northern Ireland only Royal Mint coins are legal tender – Scottish banknotes aren’t actually legal tender anywhere.

The definition of legal tender is further narrowed by the amount you try and use in any transaction as well.

coinslegaltender.png.c1ccd064738528005ddac6f866035cf2.png

Are Scottish notes worthless?

No they’re not, they’re just not legal tender. But then neither are credit cards.

The fact is that most of us now pay by plastic cards and often used to pay by cheque. Neither is legal tender but shops are happy to accept them as payment for goods or services.

In short, what they choose to accept as payment is down to their discretion.

If you walk in with a bagful of coins, for instance, they can refuse simply because they don’t want the bother of counting them all.

For the same reason, they can say no to £50 notes because they think it’s too much of risk to accept them and Scottish notes because they feel a little uncomfortable about them.

In fact they don’t have to give you a reason. If they don’t want to take your money, they don’t have to.

What can I do if they refuse my notes or coins?

You don’t really have any rights. If a shopkeeper refuses a transaction, your only real option is to just go elsewhere.

You can’t force them to accept your cash or report them to the authorities if they don’t.

As the Bank of England says: “Whether you pay with banknotes, coins, debit cards or anything else as payment is a decision between you and the other person involved in the transaction.”

• 2 weeks later...