Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kamii2109
    Newest Member
    Kamii2109

• No registered users viewing this page.

New Year's Resolutions :)

Have you promised to yourself or to others that you will or won't be doing some things in 2012? Or any other promises and decisions?

I would like to quit smoking :( Hope I'll be able to do that, since I really enjoy it, which is really bad! :wacko:

Also, I have one more exam left to finish my college, so I would like to finally give it a go and finish it soon! :)

Now you :)

Jelena you'll do great!!!! :) My father has been trying to stop smoking on and off for years so I know it must be very hard though. ((hugs))

Glasgow, take me with you!!!! Lol. xo

Greg, best thing I can tell you to do is just count calories and do exercise you enjoy. Been there, done that, and it works.

Me? I'm going to start looking for a job that isn't waiting tables. Lol, don't know what though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Just to let you know that I didn't meet any of my 2012.'s resolutions :D I don't know if there is a point of making any new for 2013. due to that fact!

But I am happy I progressed with and in my job and I've learned a lot about it, especially comparing with the beginning of previous year! I found this job as perfect job for me ( a dreamjob), so maybe it is better to forget a law for awhile (at least) :D:p

How about you??

hi luciana! i effectively quit smoking in 2012!

my take is to not have a drastic "breakup" with things you more or less enjoy. like with cutting down on eating (i am trying and somehow moderately losing weight) i try not be too hard on myself when i "slip" and eat beyond my intended intake. reduce smoking but if you happen to light up one, enjoy every drag you get out of it :)

i did cold turkey for three weeks which was tough but after that, the cigs i tried lighting up tasted awful and i've never touched a smoke since. i think it's really about your body telling you that enough is enough. have a great year!

joe

Hi Joe :)

You're so sweet, thank you for your story and advice! So, I should just reduce it for the start? And what is cold turkey in this context? :blush:

I must admit, that actually, I enjoy cigarettes so much, especially in combination with coffee or alcohol, so first of all I'm not quite sure if I'd like to quit it. Want to do that only for healthy reasons, nothing else :rolleyes: