Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stefannna
    Newest Member
    Stefannna

• No registered users viewing this page.

CONTEST: Chain Story (Win $50!)

Glunn11

I expected your post, after a drawing, as usual :D

I posted a link to the drawing program, so you can see how it works :)

Yes and the way its set up, it doesn't matter if you posted once or one hundred times, where on the original post it says "When we think the story has run its course, we'll wrap it up. Then all people who contributed to the story will be put into our randomizer, and it will determine who the winner of $50 is. The more you contribute to the story, the more entries you will get, and the better chance you have of being a winner."

So the correct way to do it would have been to take the amount of posts on the story for the month for each person, and each for each post you have your name entered, for example if you posted 3x on the story that month your name is thrown in the randomizer 3 times if you posted once you would only have your name entered once. The way you did the drawing was put each person who posted even if it was just once or more, only one entry into the randomizer thus going against what the initial rules stated, and defeating the purpose of posting on the story. It's like a raffle if you buy 100 tickets and the guy next to you bought 1 ticket, the guy who bought 100 tickets has 100 chances of winning the raffle where as the guy who baught one has 1 chance. If thats the case, the way you have done the last 2 drawings, there was no point in writing more than 1 post in the entire month, because it didn't increase your chances of winning, it just wasted your time. Does that make sense?

2nd drawing held by AskGamblers

Completed on Friday, 1 June 2012 at 19:56:46 UTC

7 entrants, 1 winner

I prove my point , only 7 entrants, I beleive there was well over 7 posts. This is not how the rules for this where layed out and the results lack integrity, there should be as many entrants as there are posts, the last two or more drawings have been done in a way that doesn't reward the people who contribute the most and violate the whole purpose and rules of this contest initially layed out in the very first post. There should be a re-draw and it should be done correctly, you can even take my name out so I can show you that Im not pointing out this error for my own personal gain, but so that it can be resolved. In one out of the 50 states there was a discrepancy in the amount of votes in the State of Florida, for the presidential election, the outcome of that was 8 years of the worst president this country has ever had, the only one who may have been worse was his father. So I am indeed glad you anticpated my post, and listed the way you did it, and now I am interested in how you respond to my post, and try to tell me that what I wrote is incorrect. I think that a site that holds it's integrity above all, which was your reasoning for deleting about 20 of my reviews, would have no problem doing a re-draw, that is done properly, in order to maintain that level of integrity...... Wouldn't you agree??

Haven't posted in this at all I don't think this month (keep spacing it) but ian does make a point. Unless you're changing the rules so it doesn't matter how much you participate, what would probably work best is counting the posts each person made over the month and entering their name in the randomizer that many times. Then maybe you could just have a rule where the winner from the last month can't win in the following month to give everyone a chance.

Just an idea!

Okay, sure, you made a point. I agree with you.

But.

As you can see, this is not the competition/thread I've started. After some time, it was delegated to me, to follow it and announce the winners. I've also only been told to use this Random program, by putting the names of all participants (only the names, not posts) for the exact month. And that's the principle of choosing the winner of this competition for the last 8 months.

I am very sorry for not updating the first post with the new rule, which transformed like into a custom/common law rule (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Custom_(law)) . Actually, I'm gonna update the first post with the new rule right away, so there won't be any confusion.

You are very right about chances of winning $50, especially with the raffle - tickets example, but this is not something where you spend your money by buying some tickets..this is totally free given money and all you have to do is to take a minute to write a few words. This should be a thread for fun, for giving the chance to increase your appearance on the forum and to increase the number of your posts, at least. And of course, to give everyone who participated the opportunity to earn $50 by the way. It's your choice how many posts you will made. I'm not the participant, but sometimes I like to get involved, write something or continue the story, for fun.

This little money award and the chance of winning it, should also encourage the members to write on the forum, especially in other topics, general discussions etc. Not to flood only this one with posts, having the only goal to get the money and showing the presence on the forum only here and only if there's some competition. I hope you understood my point.

So, the draw won't be repeated and you can consider my text above as a rule. I will update the first post with it.

Okay, sure, you made a point. I agree with you.

But.

As you can see, this is not the competition/thread I've started. After some time, it was delegated to me, to follow it and announce the winners. I've also only been told to use this Random program, by putting the names of all participants (only the names, not posts) for the exact month. And that's the principle of choosing the winner of this competition for the last 8 months.

I am very sorry for not updating the first post with the new rule, which transformed like into a custom/common law rule (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Custom_(law)) . Actually, I'm gonna update the first post with the new rule right away, so there won't be any confusion.

You are very right about chances of winning $50, especially with the raffle - tickets example, but this is not something where you spend your money by buying some tickets..this is totally free given money and all you have to do is to take a minute to write a few words. This should be a thread for fun, for giving the chance to increase your appearance on the forum and to increase the number of your posts, at least. And of course, to give everyone who participated the opportunity to earn $50 by the way. It's your choice how many posts you will made. I'm not the participant, but sometimes I like to get involved, write something or continue the story, for fun.

This little money award and the chance of winning it, should also encourage the members to write on the forum, especially in other topics, general discussions etc. Not to flood only this one with posts, having the only goal to get the money and showing the presence on the forum only here and only if there's some competition. I hope you understood my point.

So, the draw won't be repeated and you can consider my text above as a rule. I will update the first post with it.

Obviously the refrence about the raffle wasn't monetary, replace baught with given x amount of raffle tickets if that makes it easier to understand, but I just wanna understand this correctly as long you just write 1 post for the story during the month, your odds are the same as if you posted 10 times right? I just want clarification so I don't have to post anything unneccasary....