Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kamii2109
    Newest Member
    Kamii2109

• No registered users viewing this page.

Seeking slot-machine players for research study

kbrettune

Do you, or anyone you know, play slot machines regularly?

Can you spare 15 minutes to complete an anonymous survey that will help improve treatment for gamblers seeking help?

My name is Kate Brettell and I am conducting research as part of my 4th Year Honours thesis in Psychology at the University of New England, NSW, Australia. The research aims to examine underlying factors that promote slot-machine gambling behaviour, with the hope that greater knowledge of these will improve exposure therapies for gamblers seeking help.

We are looking for participants that have played slot machines at least twice a month for the past 12 months, and for whom slot-machine gambling is their preferred mode of gambling.

The survey is completely anonymous, and has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee of the University of New England (Approval No HE16-075) Valid to 11/05/2017).

The survey will take approximately 15 minutes, and can be found here:

http://unebcss.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_02iDD68lZuQ3pop

Thanks for your consideration.

Do you, or anyone you know, play slot machines regularly?

Can you spare 15 minutes to complete an anonymous survey that will help improve treatment for gamblers seeking help?

My name is Kate Brettell and I am conducting research as part of my 4th Year Honours thesis in Psychology at the University of New England, NSW, Australia. The research aims to examine underlying factors that promote slot-machine gambling behaviour, with the hope that greater knowledge of these will improve exposure therapies for gamblers seeking help.

We are looking for participants that have played slot machines at least twice a month for the past 12 months, and for whom slot-machine gambling is their preferred mode of gambling.

The survey is completely anonymous, and has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee of the University of New England (Approval No HE16-075) Valid to 11/05/2017).

The survey will take approximately 15 minutes, and can be found here:

http://unebcss.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_02iDD68lZuQ3pop

Thanks for your consideration.

Hello there and welcome to AskGamblers. 

Since it is obvious you are trying to use our forum in a non-profitable way you are okay to use external links. 

However, would be great if you could either provide a link to your university profile OR present yourself briefly so that we could be sure you are working/studying in this particular university.

Thank you.  

Hello again, and thank you Admin for your response and consideration.

My original post had my university email address and the names and addresses of my university supervisors, but it wouldn't display the addresses (perhaps because of the restrictions around external links?). Will try again here - my university contact email is [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script> for anyone with further questions.

As I'm a student there, I don't have a profile on the university page, but I will link to the profiles of my supervisors below:

Dr Adam Rock -  https://www.une.edu.au/staff-profiles/bcss/arock

Dr Gavin Clark - http://www.une.edu.au/staff-profiles/bcss/gclark8

Let me know if any further information is required.

Kind regards,

Kate