Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    valeriia666
    Newest Member
    valeriia666

• No registered users viewing this page.

Super Bowl Plans?

what does everyone have planned for the super bowl tomorrow?

we are going to watch it at home and eat a lot! I enjoy the commercials

more then I do the game sometimes, lol

Am I right in thinking the superbowl is sports? For that reason I have moved your thread to the appropriate section.

And also why do you bother watching it if you enjoy the commercials more  :lol:

Welcome to the forum by the way!

• 2 months later...

The Super Bowl is an American football game played on a Sunday at the end of January or the beginning of February that culminates the USA football season.  It is played between the winners of the American League and the National League playoffs.  It is similar to the World Series in baseball, except the winner is decided by one game.  The Sunday on which the Super Bowl is played has become known as "Super Sunday" and is treated as an unofficial holiday by many.  Even a lot of stores close early because there are simply no customers.  It is common to have a group of friends come to your home for food, drink, and football.

The commercial thing came about because many companies air new commercials, often created especially for this venue.  Some are brilliant, some terrible.  On the day after the broadcast newspapers critique the commercials as if they were movies or plays.

Another activity Super Bowl viewers often participate in is a proposition bet contest.  Each guest at the viewing party contributes ten or twenty dollars to a fund and receives twenty chips with which to wager.  Throughout the game bets can be placed on factors game-related ( winner of the opening coin toss, first play pass or run, first score touchdown or field goal etc.) or not ( will the singer of the National Anthem bungle the lyrics?)  At the end the player with the most chips wins the bankroll.

• 3 weeks later...