Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Prendaaa
    Newest Member
    Prendaaa

• No registered users viewing this page.

What are the rules of poker?

Hi! I think I am your man :)

There are many ways you can learn and improve in Poker. But the most important is to put in some mileage to start understanding the basic principles.

What appeals to most of Poker players is that it is a game of Skill as you are playing against other players and not the house like with slots.

Why not take advantage of our hourly free rolls on RodeoPoker? Nothing beats a free poker school and you can even play on your mobile :)

And in the meanwhile look through our basic poker rules here

Poker is a game where a bad chance can be compensated by a wise playing style. I have learned to play poker from the free lessons given on the internet by a site that is teaching people to become competitive in poker and that is also offering a free bonus to start. I have done this about 4-5 years ago, and little by little I had become a good player poker. I am refering here at the Texas Hold'em Poker which is a variant of the 5 cards poker we all know.

To be short, there are some rules regarding bets on opening, and also on how to continue the game and these rules comes from the mathematic propabilities of getting and keeping a better hand than your oponents. It is not very difficult, just that it takes time, as everything that you have learned.

However, poker is also a game of chance, so regardless these lessons you take, there will be somebody that has learned the lesson better.

I am playing poker since 2008 (or 2009) (just now and then) and all this time playing on bets of 2-5 cents, I have won a total of 10-20 Euro and played about 1000-2000 hands.

If you are a good learner and have also the courage for big bets (1 Euro bet for example) you can earn nicely. For me the emotions of this game were too much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think that valentin68 makes a very salient point when he points out that in poker it is not so much about the amount of money won as about the mental competition between the players.  A poker aficionado once said that money was only for keeping score.  Of course, this is true only of recreational players.  The World Series of Poker stars that we see on television are totally focused on the money to be won and the endorsement deals to be garnered.

A group of casual players can have a good time playing for pennies or matchsticks.  Like in a chess match, the thrill is in pitting your judgment against the judgment of your peers.  Except there is an added spice to poker in that the most skillful player does not always win in the short-run.  Luck in the draw of the cards gives hope to the unskilled and keeps the best players humble.