Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gambloor75
    Newest Member
    Gambloor75

• No registered users viewing this page.

Book Of Dead - Latest Version

Afi4wins

If you've very recently played PlaynGo's Book Of Dead game, then you would realise that the Book (Wild and Scatter) symbol has been replaced by a Tomb symbol, the same symbol used in Legacy Of Dead game. Book Of Dead uses a similar 'Explorer' and 'Book' symbols in its game, but Novomatic, the original creator of Book Of Ra game, won its fight against PlaynGo. Henceforth, PlaynGo had to make changes to their game, but only by replacing the Book symbol with their own Tomb symbol.

Was there a fine involved in that case? Probably yes, but I wouldn't know for sure.

The Tomb symbol was not the only change that I could see and experience from my several play sessions on the latest updated/revised version of Book Of Dead. The free spins feature games seem to take many more spins now to be triggered, and each feature game does not seem to pay as good as before either. Maybe it was purely not my luck, but I could usually detect minor changes in games that I play on regular basis, and this is one more of such games.

Nonetheless, I still think it's a good Book game to play, due to its good win potentials, but now needing more patience and staying cool for longer stretches of play time! 😜

30 minutes ago, cocopop3011 said:

I'm still super interested in what happened with this case! I'm going to have to have a Google. Can't say I've heard of this happening with slots before!

Yeah, I haven't heard anything new on it either, but I suspect PlaynGo had to pay a big fine for Novomatic's copyright on the Book symbol.

7 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

Was the symbol exactly the same?

No, the two book symbols are similar but not identical. I think it wasn't just the symbol alone that was infringed...it was more of copying the design and concept of the Book Of Ra game. Book Of Dead uses similar symbols and similar game concept. Other Book games use other main character, not the Explorer, so are not identical. Anyway, that's just my thoughts.